Mt. Longonot Hiking Day Tourfrom
The mt Longonot national park is a popular park for hiking and mountain climbing that takes less than 3-4hrs to climb/hike up and down.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeWildlife
Mt Longonot National Park is located 90km from Nairobi city on the floor of the Great Rift Valley. The mt Longonot national park is a popular park for hiking and mountain climbing that takes less than 3-4hrs to climb/hike up and down.
It is one of the best adventure day trips from Nairobi. Longonot national park is easy to get to and has the best sightseeing opportunities and one can look inside the mountain crater.
Walks are through a National Park containing herds of Zebras, Kongoni, Giraffe and warthogs. The variety of bird life should not be missed.
- Entrance fees
- Professional English speaking guide/driver.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Food and drinks
The mountain is close to the city so most tours start at 7:00am and start the climb by 8:30am. An itinerary of the mt Longonot national park hiking tour looks like this one here:
- 7:00am: Leave Nairobi for mt Longonot national park
- 8:30am: Start the hike up the mountain
- 10:30am: Reach the Mt Longonot crater rim and go around the crater.
- 12:30pm: Descend to the base and depart for lake Naivasha.
- 1:00pm: Enjoy a lunch at the fisherman camp
- 2:00pm: Optional boat ride in the lake Naivasha
- 3:30pm: Depart for Nairobi
- 5:30pm: Drop off in town or hotel. End of Mt Longonot national park Tour.